Friday, September 19, 2008

Wax Enthusiastic

The other day I was given a gift certificate to a waxing and skincare spa in Venice in the great little neighborhood surrounding Abbott Kinney Blvd. The name of the place is Get Waxed.

I'd been trying to gather up my courage for a bikini wax for three years. I tried it once before and it did not go well at all. This had been in the back room of a local nail salon that also billed iteself as a "spa." Lie! Nail salons are generally not "spas" even if most of them do have massaging pedicure chairs. First of all, let me tell you, if you want waxing done right, you have to go to an establishment where it is not a sideline. My manicurist does a great job with toenails and fingernails and she is a very sweet lady, but waxing simply is not her area of expertise.

Waxing, facials, and skin care using a line of products that the owner makes herself is all that is on the menu at Get Waxed.

The place is very inviting, painted white and blue, and it smells soothing. The women there are very sweet and friendly. Shayla, who worked on me, is terrific. She understood my fears and my needs and made me feel very comfortable during the process, which was very efficient and fast.

I'm very happy with the result and have made my appointment for next month. This is THE place to go, especially for first-timers or vowed never-againers like I was. I am also trying out one of the skincare products, which is so pure and natural it is practically edible. I'll let you know how that goes!

Get Waxed
300 Westminster Ave.Venice, CA 90291 (steps west of Abbot Kinney Blvd.)
Hours: Monday-Friday 11am-9pm, Saturday-Sunday 10am-7pm

For directions click here
To book your appointment please call 310.396.2929
For other inquiries please email elisha@getwaxedvenice.com

No comments: