Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Addicted to Twist

A new tart frozen yogurt store recently opened in West Los Angeles at the corner of Santa Monica Blvd. and Bundy. Its name is Twist and it is a self-serve yogurt place with the most cheerful, friendly people manning the counter you've ever met. They genuinely seem to love their jobs and the people who come in for yogurt! I've met three different people there and they're all very nice.

Twist is open every day from 11 to midnight and the happy people who work there tell me it'll soon be open 24 hours a day. Wow! I'm already half-addicted to the tart flavors (once you've tried them, you'll never want to go back to the supersweet flavors of the past) -- especially plain tart and mixed berry tart. And it's only 28 cents an ounce (they weigh the toppings and the yogurt together so it doesn't matter how you mix it), meaning that a heaping container of their smallest size, which I guesstimate is about 6-8 ounces' worth, is only about $3.00. This cannot. be. beat. Since I watch my calories and fat intake I'm happy to read that tart frozen yogurts are typically 20 to 25 calories per ounce, which isn't bad at all. You've got to try it! Best deal in town!

No comments: